Re: Parameters redux

> This is the pipeline I'm likely to write when I first start processing
> my documents with XProc. Now if I decide that I want to pass a parameter
> to the XSLT step, I think it's convenient and appropriate that if I pass
> the parameter to the pipeline (on the command-line, for example) it will
> get passed all the way down to the XSLT step.

For XSLT, as Jeni mentioned in another thread, since parameters have
to be explicitly declared in the stylesheet, I don't think there is
any downside in having automatic linking between the pipeline
parameter port and the step parameter port. And I don't see any other
component where this could be a problem. So after all, I don't have
any problem with parameters being passed down to components by default
:).

Alex
--
Orbeon Forms - Web 2.0 Forms for the Enterprise
http://www.orbeon.com/