Re: Extension functions

> when I can't say

This wouldn't bother me at all. With value, you pass a string to the
component. It happens that this string is evaluated as an XPath
expression by the component. Why would the component know about
something called $bar-value?

Same thing with XML passed to to a component. If I pass some XML to a
component, the component happens to be XSLT, and I pass a stylesheet
document which contains <xsl:value-of select="$bar-value"/>. Why would
the component know the value of $bar-value?

Both cases look analogous to me.

Alex
--
Orbeon Forms - Web 2.0 Forms for the Enterprise
http://www.orbeon.com/