Re: Default pipeline filename

From: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 15:01:19 -0400
To: public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org
/ Alex Milowski <alex@milowski.org> was heard to say:
| Currently, I force the user to give me a pipeline name.

Me too, but I was thinking that it might be nice to just be able to
run "xproc", just like you can run "make" or "ant".

| My command line looks like:
|
|   xproc pipeline.xpd ( port=uri ... )*

Mine looks like:

  xproc [-iport=uri] [-oport=uri] [-pparam=value] pipeline.xpd [option=value]

Where -i and -o specify input and output ports, respectively.

| you can default the output port to stdout if there is only one unbound
| output port.

Ditto. If there's only one input port and you don't specify it, it's
assumed to be stdin. If there's only one output port and you don't
specify it, it's assumed to be stdout. If you've got multiple input or
output ports, you have to specify them all.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | Until death, it is all life.-- Cervantes
http://nwalsh.com/            |