Re: Default pipeline filename

From: Alex Milowski <alex@milowski.org>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 11:53:09 -0700
To: public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org

> | A tool vendor might want such a default file name but I don't see
> | how we can say "make.xpd" is better than "build.xpd" or "process.xpd".
>
> For the record, this wasn't a spec question, it was just a casual
> inquiry from an implementor. If those of us building command-line
> implementations made the same decisions...

Ah , OK.

Currently, I force the user to give me a pipeline name.

My command line looks like:

   xproc pipeline.xpd ( port=uri ... )*

you can default the output port to stdout if there is only one unbound
output port.  You can
also default one unbound input port to allow you to only specify a uri:

   xproc pipeline.xpd uri-of-xml-doc