Re: Errors

From: Alessandro Vernet <avernet@orbeon.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 16:09:23 -0700
To: public-xml-processing-model-wg <public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org>

Hi Norm,

> I propose that we assign QNames to each error for this purpose.
> Given an error URI of, say, "http://www.w3.org/2007/03/xproc/errors",

Yes, I like this. In particular because this story is consistent with
what is done in XSLT, XPath, and XQuery. Shouldn't we go one step
further and use the same namespace they use

We could then follow the same naming convention. Picking for instance
XC as the first 2 letters (XP is already taken by XPath). So we would
have err:XCSE0001 (for the first static error we define).

Orbeon Forms - Web 2.0 Forms for the Enterprise