Errors

From: Norman Walsh <Norman.Walsh@Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 13:49:10 -0400
To: public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org
We now have a bunch of static and dynamic errors. I imagine that
implementations are going to want to report them and users are going
to want to be able to look them up.

I propose that we assign QNames to each error for this purpose.

Given an error URI of, say, "http://www.w3.org/2007/03/xproc/errors",
I propose that we assign names of the form:

  err:Snnnn

to static errors and

  err:Dnnnn

to dynamic errors.

Where "nnnn" is just a sequential number.