Re: Standard components

From: Alex Milowski <alex@milowski.org>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 07:35:18 -0700
To: public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org
> 1.3 Load
>   Note that a list of URI values can be processed using a for-each
>   language construct with a load component as its single child.
>   Huh?

Yeah.  That should be rewritten.  I'm not actually sure where that
came from... it was in the spec when I went to work on the components.

I probably added that way back ...

Basically, you can process a list of uris by putting them into
a document, making a sequence out of them, and then processing
that sequence with a for-each that has a load step in the for-each.

1.4 Store
>   Why not make p:store do the XSLT 2.0/XQuery 1.0 Serialization spec?

Sounds like a good idea.

1.8 Serialize / 1.9 Parse
>   Do we really need these?

Yes, yes, yes.

2.2 RELAX NG Validate
>   I wonder if we need an option to enable annotations and data typing?

If there are options, let's enumerate them.  I didn't put any on it because
not a Relax NG expert.

2.3 XInclude From Sequence
>   Barf. I want to solve this problem in a more general way

OK.   Let's discuss that.

2.4 XML Schema Validate
>   Surely this should accept a sequence of schema documents

Ah... yes.

3.3 Label Elements
>   How does the component garauntee that it doesn't introduce duplicate
> IDs?

Well... it sees the whole document, right ?