Re: in-scope namespaces & inline documents

On 3/14/07, Henry S. Thompson <ht@inf.ed.ac.uk> wrote:

> Alex Milowski writes:
>

> > The problem is that the  in-scope namespaces  has namespaces
> > that aren't declared on that element.  As such, you need to fabricate
> > the namespace declarations.  This is the difference between the
> > [in-scope namespaces] property and the [namespace attributes]
> > property of the element information item.
>
> I still don't see your point.  The infoset has all the information the
> pipeline needs.  Serialisation of such a document has work to do, but
> that's always the case when sub-trees are serialised.

If you map  that infoset back to a DOM for processing through JAXP  (which
is one thing I do),  what are the namespace attributes?

If you don't fabricated namespace attributes for all the in-scope
namespaces,
the compile of the XSLT transformation will fail.