Re: default pipeline input

From: Norman Walsh <Norman.Walsh@Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 08:53:25 -0400
To: public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org
/ Alessandro Vernet <avernet@orbeon.com> was heard to say:
| On 3/12/07, Norman Walsh <Norman.Walsh@sun.com> wrote:
|> We don't currently allow 'default' on p:input so I think I'd prefer to
|> say that if a pipeline has a single input, that becomes the default
|> readable port for the pipeline, otherwise the author has to specify
|> the first connection.
|
| This rule makes sense to me. This is also consistent with what we are
| doing with step outputs, namely "If a step has exactly one output
| port, or if one of its output ports is explicitly designated as the
| default" (section 2.2), but we don't consider that if there are
| multiple outputs declared, the first one will be the default.

That's not the case. If there are multiple outputs, there is only a
default if exactly one of them specifies default="yes". There's no
"first one" rule for p:outputs.

There's no "first one" rule for p:inputs either :-), but following
Henry's lead, I'm suggesting that we make such a rule, but only on
p:pipeline.