Re: default pipeline input

From: Alessandro Vernet <avernet@orbeon.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 13:26:35 -0700
To: public-xml-processing-model-wg <public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org>

> We don't currently allow 'default' on p:input so I think I'd prefer to
> say that if a pipeline has a single input, that becomes the default
> readable port for the pipeline, otherwise the author has to specify
> the first connection.

This rule makes sense to me. This is also consistent with what we are
doing with step outputs, namely "If a step has exactly one output
port, or if one of its output ports is explicitly designated as the
default" (section 2.2), but we don't consider that if there are
multiple outputs declared, the first one will be the default.

Alex
--
Orbeon Forms - Web 2.0 Forms for the Enterprise
http://www.orbeon.com/