Re: Options and parameters proposal

From: Alessandro Vernet <avernet@orbeon.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 12:52:49 -0700
To: public-xml-processing-model-wg <public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org>

On 3/12/07, Jeni Tennison <jeni@jenitennison.com> wrote:
> I think that pipelines should work with arbitrary, unaltered,
> stylesheets and that the current XProc design places too many
> constraints on the design of stylesheets used in pipelines. With
> parameter sets, you would write (something like):

Jeni,

I can see your point, but in my experience, the need for this is not
so great that it would justify adding the concept of parameter set to
XProc.

In the cases where you would like to pass around "bags of parameters"
in a pipeline without a knowledge of each specific parameter, but then
would like to use a stylesheet that takes those as named parameters, I
would store each bag of parameter in an XML document at the pipeline
level, and write a wrapper stylesheet that takes one of those bags and
calls the stylesheet that takes actual XSLT parameters.

Alex
--
Orbeon Forms - Web 2.0 Forms for the Enterprise
http://www.orbeon.com/