Re: Allow ignored namespaces everywhere?

From: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 07:26:36 -0400
To: public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org
| Alex Milowski writes:
|
|> On 6/20/07, Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> wrote:
|
|>> Now that we have a p:doc(umentation) element, does it still make sense
|>> to have support for ignoring namespaces at every level?
|
|> I be happy with only allowing it on the document element or some
|> "top-level".
|
| +1 -- let's constrain this to the places where it is actually likely
| to be useful.

Ok, I suggest that we allow the ignored-namespaces attribute (which
can lose the 'p:' namespace now) only on p:pipeline in V1 and that
elements in those namespaces are only ignored if they are direct
children of the p:pipeline element.

The content of p:inline will continue to be "quoted" and the content
of p:doc(umentation) will be ignored irrespective of the namespaces
used.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | A man can believe a considerable deal
http://nwalsh.com/            | of rubbish, and yet go about his daily