Re: p:map

From: Innovimax SARL <innovimax@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 18:35:50 +0200
To: "Alex Milowski" <alex@milowski.org>
Cc: public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org

On 7/18/07, Alex Milowski <alex@milowski.org> wrote:

> On 7/18/07, Innovimax SARL <innovimax@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I think we should at least say that the resolution of name would be
> > consistent through all the pipeline (I say the resolution, not the
> > result of the get)
>
> How can we govern what happens inside a custom step ?

May be we can let custom step aside for a moment, and try to answer
that question for step already in the spec ?

Then we will see if there is a common possible resolution that could
be suggested to "custom step designers"

> > That means :
> >
> > If I have a "toto.xml" in the xinclude and a "toto.xml" in the in a
> > p:document and a "toto.xml" in the doc() function of my xslt what can
> > I expect ?
>
> That's why I had an "xinclude from sequence" step in our library.  We removed
> that awhile ago.

I'm not sure "xinclude from sequence" would answer to question. It
will just give a local workaround for xinclude

--
Innovimax SARL
Consulting, Training & XML Development