Re: xsl:message of XSLT

From: Alessandro Vernet <avernet@orbeon.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 14:55:51 -0700
To: public-xml-processing-model-wg <public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org>

On 7/15/07, Jeni Tennison <jeni@jenitennison.com> wrote:
> I *think* that XSLT messages should go on the error port. I don't think
> you can get at those messages (in order to save them to a file, say)
> unless the step actually fails (which it would do if xsl:message had
> terminate="yes", but not if it didn't).

I think I agree. The step should not fail when none of the messages
encountered has a terminate="yes". Messages without terminate="yes"
are often used for debugging, so you commonly would like the XProc
engine or XSLT step to redirect those to a log file. At the very
least, an implementation should be allowed to do this.

Alex
--
Orbeon Forms - Web 2.0 Forms, open-source, for the Enterprise
http://www.orbeon.com/