Re: xsl:message of XSLT

Alex Milowski wrote:
> On 7/15/07, Innovimax SARL <innovimax@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Do we give a way to get the output on message of an xslt step ?
>
> No, but that's an interesting idea.
>
> We'd have to make it into XML first.
>
> Since many transformations do not use xsl:message, that output
> would often be empty.
>
> I'm not sure I really want to add an extra output port for this but I
> could be convinced otherwise.

I *think* that XSLT messages should go on the error port. I don't think
you can get at those messages (in order to save them to a file, say)
unless the step actually fails (which it would do if xsl:message had
terminate="yes", but not if it didn't).

Perhaps the document on the error output port gets put somewhere
implementation-defined when the pipeline completes, if the pipeline
hasn't failed.

Jeni
--
Jeni Tennison