From: Alex Milowski <alex@milowski.org>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 15:28:45 -0700
To: public-xml-processing-model-wg <public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org>

Here's my original proposal:

I think we could do without character maps.

The minimalist proposal is to add all the options to the appropriate steps and
not allow a serialization declaration.  That takes care of steps that have to
serialize but does not take care of pipeline outputs.

Those steps would be at least 'p:store' and 'p:http-request'.

My preference would be to have the serialization declaration for pipeline
outputs as well.  Maybe we could avoid having to add anything to
p:output by having the serialization options only has children of p:pipeline