Re: Serialization

From: Alessandro Vernet <avernet@orbeon.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 18:55:39 -0700
To: public-xml-processing-model-wg <public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org>

On 7/2/07, Alex Milowski <alex@milowski.org> wrote:
> The minimalist proposal is to add all the options to the appropriate steps and
> not allow a serialization declaration.  That takes care of steps that have to
> serialize but does not take care of pipeline outputs.
>
> Those steps would be at least 'p:store' and 'p:http-request'.
>
> My preference would be to have the serialization declaration for pipeline
> outputs as well.

That would tell the pipeline engine how to serialize, but not where to
serialize. What are the use cases where this would be useful? I can't
think of any, and would rather have serialization done in the last
step of the pipeline.

Alex
--
Orbeon Forms - Web 2.0 Forms, open-source, for the Enterprise
http://www.orbeon.com/