Re: Load Component

On 1/31/07, Innovimax SARL <innovimax@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 1/31/07, Alex Milowski <alex@milowski.org> wrote:
> >

> > On 1/31/07, Innovimax SARL <innovimax@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > what should be the behavior of load :
> > > * When loading a document with <!DOCTYPE or
> xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation
> > ?
> >
> > Do you mean whether validation happens?  I think that is an
> implementation
> > defined
> > switch that says whether they bootstrap resources as such.
>
> I ask this important question for interoperability, because PSVI could
> add content to the document.
> With your proposal, two pipelines could give different result because
> of that "implementation defined behaviour"

Yes.  This is already the case in a lot of programming
environments.  For example, if you don't setup your SAX parsing
correctly, you do not get XML comments.  Thus, the result of running
a pipeline with a single identity component step would be different
depending on how you bootstrap the input document.

If you want to guarantee that validation happens, that should be
your first step in the pipeline.