Re: Serialize Component

From: Alex Milowski <alex@milowski.org>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 14:01:26 -0800
To: public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org
On 1/31/07, Innovimax SARL <innovimax@gmail.com> wrote:

> So I understand that you keep the root and all its attributes, but
> serialize all
> so
> would give
> "&lt;--comment--&gt;<root>&lt;a/&gt;</root>"
>
> which is ill formed

Yeah.  I forgot a part on the parse component.  The parse component needs
to have the ability to define a wrapper element so that you can do the
inverse of this operation.

In smallx I allow an optional wrapper element and default namespace so you
can handle
escaped XHTML chunks.  Effectively you wrap the string of characters with
"<root xmlns='...'>" and "</root>" and then remove the 'root' element.

This is all really to handle unescaping things like the RSS description
element.