Re: Proposed component list

From: Norman Walsh <Norman.Walsh@Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 16:42:13 -0500
To: public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org
/ Alex Milowski <alex@milowski.org> was heard to say:
| On 1/24/07, Norman Walsh <Norman.Walsh@sun.com> wrote:
|>
|> In the interest of making progress on the list of components, I
|> propose that we adopt the following core components for V1:
|>
|> xinclude - performs XInclude processing
|> xslt     - performs XSLT 1.0
|> xslt2    - performs XSLT 2.0
|
| If we have xslt2 I think we need to have xquery as well.

Yeah. Neither probably belong in the core list. I wonder if the
core list should be either "xslt" or "xslt2". Hmmm.

| encrypt   - performs encryption
|> decrypt   - performs decryption
|> sign      - signs a document
|> verify    - verifies a signature
|
| What specification are we working against for these?

I'm guessing XML Encryption Syntax and Processing[1], though I admit
I've never figured out how it works.

| soap-exchange - does something with WS/SOAP
|
| Other than possibly setting up some HTTP headers, I'm not certain we need
| to go here.  The httprequest component should suffice for most SOAP
| web services.

Ok. I just think we need to support some sort of component to hand
some XML off to a WS-* service and get a result back.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/REC-xmlenc-core-20021210/