Re: Proposed component list

From: Alex Milowski <alex@milowski.org>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 17:23:28 -0800
To: public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org

> In the interest of making progress on the list of components, I
> propose that we adopt the following core components for V1:
>
> xinclude - performs XInclude processing
> xslt     - performs XSLT 1.0
> xslt2    - performs XSLT 2.0

If we have xslt2 I think we need to have xquery as well.

encrypt   - performs encryption
> decrypt   - performs decryption
> sign      - signs a document
> verify    - verifies a signature

What specification are we working against for these?

soap-exchange - does something with WS/SOAP

Other than possibly setting up some HTTP headers, I'm not certain we need
to go here.  The httprequest component should suffice for most SOAP
web services.

Besides, we'd have to describe what exactly this component does.  Who's
going to read the SOAP HTTP adjunct spec in detail?  (not me!)