Re: Identity Component

From: Norman Walsh <Norman.Walsh@Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2007 07:36:09 -0800
To: public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org
/ Alex Milowski <alex@milowski.org> was heard to say:
| If we don't allow identity to process sequences, then an author has
| to do different things to setup and identity step or placeholder depending
| on where they are in their pipeline.  I think that will make things
| difficult for the pipeline author to understand.

But they'll have to do those different things for the other components
(xslt, validate, xinclude) why is the identity component special in
this regard?

I have occasionally wondered if we made the right decision wrt
allowing implicit sequence processing, but it seems to me that we
should try to be consistent.