Re: Simple question about web services

From: Alessandro Vernet <avernet@orbeon.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2007 18:28:08 -0700
To: public-xml-processing-model-wg <public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org>

On 8/1/07, Innovimax SARL <innovimax@gmail.com> wrote:
> Don't misunderstand me, I'm still not talking about semantics, but
> about concepts

I think it makes sense to have components that allows you to call web
services. One part of the configuration for that component would be
the WSDL. But you also need to specify what "service" declared in that
WSDL you want to call, and provide the input for this service.

We have something along those lines in Orbeon Forms; that component is
called "delegation processor". It allows you to call a web service, an
EJB, or a JavaBean in a similar way, but doesn't support WSDL. (See:
http://www.orbeon.com/ops/doc/processors-delegation)

Dealing with web services can be fairly complex, and I would prefer
not to rush and design such a component right now, but rather do this
in V.next, maybe based on the experience of implementors who have
created such a component for their implementation.

Alex
--
Orbeon Forms - Web 2.0 Forms, open-source, for the Enterprise
http://www.orbeon.com/