Handling of 'non-XProc' pipeline sources

From: <Toman_Vojtech@emc.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 03:57:40 -0500
To: <public-xml-processing-model-comments@w3.org>

Hi all,

What should happen if I pass this document to an XProc processor as the
pipeline source:

<foo/>

Do we need a static error for this ("Not an XProc pipeline"), or is the
behavior of the processor implementation-defined in this case?

Personally, I think we could have a static error for the case when the
document element of the pipeline document (or the target of p:import) is
not in the XProc namespace.