Re: p:log feels clunky

From: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 10:47:20 -0500
To: public-xml-processing-model-comments@w3.org
/ James Fuller <james.fuller.2007@gmail.com> was heard to say:
| it makes sense if what u want is to have a log of what happened at
| that step and capture all input/output e.g. consider the trivial
| example log output I generate from a declare-step with a
| log="somefile.xml" attribute.
|
| <step name="mystep">
|   <input port="">some xml that came in</input>
|   <output port="">xml output of the step</input>
| </step>
|
| I see this as a useful debugging output on <p:pipeline/>, <p:group/>,
| try/catch, etc ...

I'm sorry, Jim, but I don't follow that example at all. I don't see *any*
log attribute or element there, so I'm not sure what you're getting at.

| keeping the log format XML I think is useful as
| well.

I don't think we want to say anything about the format, especially since
I don't want to attempt to solve the "how do you represent a sequence of
documents" question.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | The common excuse of those who bring
http://nwalsh.com/            | misfortune on others is that they