Re: decomposing viewport

From: James Fuller <james.fuller.2007@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 20:39:02 +0200
To: "Norman Walsh" <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Cc: public-xml-processing-model-comments@w3.org

> The XQuery Update Facility isn't a recommendation yet, and even if it
> was, I wouldn't even consider placing that much burden on
> implementors. I'm not surprised that p:viewport can be expressed as an
> XQuery Update task, but surely it's a small subset of that technology.

opps...I missed the @match attribute on first (and second) reading of
the spec for p:viewport...which had me a bit at a lost for the use of
viewport.

in any event, this raises the question of  p:insert, p:delete, and
p:replace steps....

one suggestion, why not roll up the 3 steos into one step called p:update ?

> | p:view-port

and what about p:read-port ? perhaps a bit too 'active' in meaning.

cheers, JIm Fuller