Re: tag name state

From: David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2012 14:46:09 +0000
To: David Lee <David.Lee@marklogic.com>
Cc: "public-xml-er@w3.org" <public-xml-er@w3.org>
On 02/03/2012 14:36, David Lee wrote:
> Suggestion: we say at an XML-ER parser produces an abstract data
> model ... then its up to which one ... INFOSET ? XDM ? ... Probably
> INFOSET

Yes, but that has the same implication in most cases (other than DOM)
that the data model you pick will have requirements on xml names.

I'd rather not pick a model (for the spec) I'd just rather say that
whatever you understand by "result" of "xml parse" and "xml-er" parse.
then the result of an xml-er parse is equivalent to the result of an xml
parse on a possibly different input document. I realise this requires
some weasel words as "result" of an xml parse is not defined, but I
can't help the world we live in:-)

David