Re: Intent of ER-XML

From: Liam R E Quin <liam@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2012 21:11:23 -0500
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Cc: David Lee <David.Lee@marklogic.com>, Noah Mendelsohn <nrm@arcanedomain.com>, "public-xml-er@w3.org" <public-xml-er@w3.org>
On Sun, 2012-02-26 at 22:49 +0100, Anne van Kesteren wrote:
[...]
> I quite strongly believe that if we want this to work it has to be a
> processor along the lines David Carlisle outlines in
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-er/2012Feb/0111.html so
> that it can replace an existing XML processor.

How about a wiki page with some use cases?

Would this replacement occur in the navigation system of an aircraft,
for example? In a car engine computer? in a Web browser? Where exactly?

Is it for existing content or is it to define a new kind of content to
be made in the future?

How can we invent the wheel if we don't know what colour it should
be? :-)

I already think I know Anne's answers to some of these questions,
especially after Prague, but I think it'd help if they were made
explicit.

Liam