W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xml-core-wg@w3.org > June 2013

Agenda for XML Core WG telcon of 2013 June 12

From: Paul Grosso <paul@paulgrosso.name>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 12:15:12 -0500
Message-ID: <51B609A0.9050208@paulgrosso.name>
To: core <public-xml-core-wg@w3.org>
We have an XML Core WG phone call scheduled for Wednesday,
June 12, from
          08:30-09:00 Pacific time aka
          11:30-12:00 Eastern time aka
          15:30-16:00 UTC
          16:30-17:00 in Ireland and the UK
          17:30-18:00 in middle (most of) Europe
on the Zakim W3C Bridge, +1 617 761 6200, passcode 9652#.
We also use IRC channel #xmlcore on irc.w3.org:6665 .

See the XML Core group page [1] for pointers to current documents
and other information.  If you have additions to the agenda, please
email them to the WG list before the start of the telcon.

Please also review our group page's task list [2] for accuracy and
completeness and be prepared to amend if necessary and accept it
at the beginning of the call.

1. Accepting the minutes from the last telcon [3] and
   the current task status [2] (have any questions, comments,
   or corrections ready by the beginning of the call).

2. Miscellaneous administrivia and document reviews.

XML Activity AC Review
The XML Activity AC review was open through April 26.
To date, we haven't heard from W3M, but we expect to
be rechartered.

It has been suggested that the XML Normalization spec
from XML Security WG--presently an editor's draft at
--be added to our charter.

We don't feel that we would have the time, energy, or
expertise if none of the existing editors join the WG.

Liam plans to suggest to W3M that we add discussion of
XML Normalization to our charter but not yet put it on
the Rec track for now.  If we get the necessary participants
and we feel we have the ability to produce a Rec, we will
revise our charter so to do.

xmlspec.xsl and diffspec.xsl
Paul sent email about this at

ACTION to Norm:  Come up with (and implement) a plan to
reorganize xmlspec.xsl and diffspec.xsl to "do the right thing."

Henry reported that DOM4 has removed (or deprecated) access to the
XML Declaration. Our Infoset spec says that standalone, version,
and the encoding are part of the information content of an XML

Henry and Paul think the XML Core WG should send an email
to the Web Applications Working Group (public-webapps@w3.org)
to reinstate the parts of the xml decl that are in the Infoset.

Henry drafted a potential comment at

John filed some thoughts to the contrary at

Henry figures we should discuss this some more.
Norm is having a hard time caring about all this.

Henry reached out to the webapps working group at
to try to collect some more data on this issue.

Paul wonders what the status of this item is.  Is there an
outstanding action item?  Should it be removed from our agenda?

3.  XML Test Suite.

See also http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#xml-test-suite

ACTION to Henry: Construct a test case for the XML test suite
issues raised by Frans Englich:

4.  LEIRIs--see http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#leiri

We have planned to issue the following spec editions referencing
LEIRIs (and any outstanding errata):

* XML 1.0 6th Edition (John to be editor)
* XML 1.1 3rd Edition (John to be editor)
* XInclude 3rd Edition (Paul to be editor)

but all this is on hold awaiting resolution of IRIbis.

5.  XML Media types (3023bis)

Henry is co-editor. The latest draft is at
with a diff version at

A DoC is at

ACTION to Paul and others:  Read and comment on the latest 3023bis.

6.  XInclude 1.1--see http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#xinclude

On 2012 February 14, we published
XInclude 1.1 Requirement and Use Cases

On 9 October 2012, we published our FPWD of XInclude 1.1 at

On 15 January 2013, we published our (first) Last Call of
XInclude 1.1 at
and Paul sent the transition announcement at
(also cc-ing the chairs mailing list).

Norm already has an implementation.

ACTION to Norm: Create an Implementation Report document
for XInclude 1.1.

Norm is maintaining a DoC at

We have less than a half dozen comments, none of them
appearing difficult/substantial. We have charged the
editor with producing a new editor's draft addressing
the comments.

ACTION to Norm: Create a new draft in time for review
at the June 26 telcon.  Have a diff version diffed against
the previously published (LC) XInclude 1.1 draft. Put
both in public (www.w3.org/XML/Group/2013/) space.

Once the WG has a chance to see the new draft, we will
send email to the commentors asking for their approval
of our disposition. Then...

ACTION to Norm: Augment the DoC with dispositions and

Assuming we decide there were no substantive changes, we
will plan to publish the next version as a CR.

Liam reminds us we also need a test suite.

6. MicroXML

MicroXML is not in our new charter, but we can discuss it.
We will leave this as an ongoing item in our standing agenda.


[1] http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core
[2] http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#tasks
[3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2013May/0008
Received on Monday, 10 June 2013 17:15:39 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 21:16:45 UTC