Re: HTML5 and XML Stylesheet PIs

On 29.11.2012 10:51, Henry S. Thompson wrote:
> At least the first and last of those have been there all along.

Yep, I think that some other mentions of XSLT were added since we
reviewed HTML5 spec at TPAC, but most of it were there before.

> I thought we had offered the editors non-normative prose which
> described current behaviour, and I thought we had agreement from them
> that it would go in.  I still think that's the bare minimum that we
> should accept.

Unfortunatelly during the HTML WG meeting where our request was
discussed no clear outcome was reached due (IMHO) unproductive chairing
of meeting at that time.

However given the number of other places where XSLT and its interaction
with HTML is mentioned I think that I can live with the status quo for
now as Norm is proposing. Of course we should cooperate with HTML WG and
provide some tests requested in bugreport, so next version of HTML can
contain much more precise definition of XSLT interaction together with
JS APIs for XSLT etc.

    Jirka