Re: HTML5 and XML Stylesheet PIs

From: Liam R E Quin <liam@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 10:05:23 -0500
To: Jirka Kosek <jirka@kosek.cz>
Cc: "Henry S. Thompson" <ht@inf.ed.ac.uk>, Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>, public-xml-core-wg@w3.org
On Thu, 2012-11-29 at 13:30 +0100, Jirka Kosek wrote:

> Unfortunatelly during the HTML WG meeting where our request was
> discussed no clear outcome was reached due (IMHO) unproductive chairing
> of meeting at that time.
Robin aftrwards explained to me that the HTML WG has a policy of making
decisions only on their mailing list, not at meetings.

> However given the number of other places where XSLT and its interaction
> with HTML is mentioned I think that I can live with the status quo for
> now as Norm is proposing. Of course we should cooperate with HTML WG and
> provide some tests requested in bugreport, so next version of HTML can
> contain much more precise definition of XSLT interaction together with
> JS APIs for XSLT etc.

+1, I'm uneasy but can live with what's there for now - XSLT is in any
case not going away because of commitment to existing content.

Agree more precise spec very important long term. We (Core + XSL +
HTML?) should standardise e.g. calling XSLT on a DOM fragment and
passing parameters from JavaScript in an HTML document. (can't run
JavaScript in an XML document as there's no xml:script of course)