new draft XML Core charter [was: rechartering - please check your new charter SOON]

On 2012-11-26 13:32, Liam R E Quin wrote:
> I have put draft (very drafty) new charters in
>

> http://www.w3.org/XML/2013/exi-charter.html
> http://www.w3.org/XML/2013/query-charter.html
> http://www.w3.org/XML/2013/xml-cg-charter.html
> http://www.w3.org/XML/2013/xml-core-charter.html
> http://www.w3.org/XML/2013/xproc-charter.html
> http://www.w3.org/XML/2013/xsl-charter.html

Regarding http://www.w3.org/XML/2013/xml-core-charter.html:

0.  Generally, under scope, most of the links are to the
"latest version" URL, but the following are to dated URLs:

Associating Schemas with XML
XML Linking Language 1.0
all 3 of XPointer Framework, xmlns() scheme, element() scheme

Since we are talking the specifications in general, I think
they should all be undated (and some of the dated ones are
old already).  Please change them all to undated URLs.

1.  Under scope, mention both XInclude 1.0 and 1.1 explicitly.

2.  Under scope, maybe mention MicroXML in some fashion.

3.  Under deliverables, reword the XInclude bullet to read
"Publish XInclude 1.1".

4.  Under milestones, make up some new random dates for
XML 1.0 6th Edition.

5.  Under 2.4 Duration, correct the expiration date.

6.  Under section 7, I'm not sure why there is a reference
to XPointer.  Given the "summer 2012" comment, I'm guessing
this should be a reference to XInclude.  In any case, that
entire sentence should be removed from this version.

7.  Also in section 7, the link to the previous charter
goes nowhere.  Our current charter (to which, I assume,
this link should refer) is at
http://www.w3.org/XML/2012/05/xml-core-charter.html

8.  I'm not sure what it means for this page to have a
copyright, but in any case, it can't be copyrighted in 2015.
And the ERCIM link is supposed to be to ercim.eu.

9.  You might update the page at http://www.w3.org/People/Quin/
to mention that you are the staff contact for the XML Core WG.