W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xml-core-wg@w3.org > November 2012

Re: Agenda for XML Core WG telcon of 2012 November 28

From: Innovimax W3C <innovimax+w3c@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2012 12:01:32 +0100
Message-ID: <CAAK2GfEDpJHtLL4teGzr3oRZGVdM3NEVaGignJWHOHA4JBaiEQ@mail.gmail.com>
To: Paul Grosso <paul@paulgrosso.name>
Cc: core <public-xml-core-wg@w3.org>, Glenn Marcy <gmarcy@us.ibm.com>
Dear all,

Please accept my regrets

My proxy to the chair

Regards,

Mohamed


On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 3:40 PM, Paul Grosso <paul@paulgrosso.name> wrote:

>       We have an XML Core WG phone call scheduled for Wednesday,
> November 28, from
>          08:30-09:00 Pacific time aka
>          11:30-12:00 Eastern time aka
>          16:30-17:00 UTC
>          16:30-17:00 in Ireland and the UK
>          17:30-18:00 in middle (most of) Europe
> on the Zakim W3C Bridge, +1 617 761 6200, passcode 9652#.
> We also use IRC channel #xmlcore on irc.w3.org:6665 .
>
> See the XML Core group page [1] for pointers to current documents
> and other information.  If you have additions to the agenda, please
> email them to the WG list before the start of the telcon.
>
> Please also review our group page's task list [2] for accuracy and
> completeness and be prepared to amend if necessary and accept it
> at the beginning of the call.
>
>
> Agenda
> ======
> 1. Accepting the minutes from the last telcon [3] and
>   the current task status [2] (have any questions, comments,
>   or corrections ready by the beginning of the call).
>
>
> 2. Miscellaneous administrivia and document reviews.
>
> Charter renewal, need to rejoin
> -------------------------------
> The new XML Core WG charter has been approved:
> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ac-members/2012JulSep/0033
>
> The call for participation has gone out and all WG members must
> have their AC rep rejoin the WG per
> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ac-members/2012JulSep/0034
>
> Per
> https://www.w3.org/2000/09/dbwg/details?group=18796
> all expected members have rejoined except IBM.
>
> ACTION to Glenn:  Have IBM's AC rep rejoin the WG and
> re-nominate Glenn.
>
>
> xml-stylesheet and HTML5
> ------------------------
> Henry took an action to file a bug about xml-stylesheet
> handling.  Done:
> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=14689
>
> [Bug 17976] New: xml-stylesheet with type=text/xsl needs to be handled
> explicitly
> and
> [Bug 14689] xml-stylesheet with type=text/xsl needs to be handled
> explicitly
>
> A lot of bugzilla email has been exchanged on this issue.
> It looks like we have agreement to address it, but only
> in HTML.next.
>
> This was discussed at the TPAC f2f.  The conclusion was
> for Norm to pass on to the HTML5 WG suggested text for a
> non-normative note to be included in the HTML5 1.0 spec
> which he did:
> https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=14689#c35
>
> Status:
> We believe there was agreement to put some words into the spec.
>
> ACTION to Norm:  Check with Robin that some words will be going
> into the V1 spec.
>
> MicroXML
> --------
> This is the W3C Community Group work on a subset of XML. Seehttp://www.w3.org/community/microxml/
> andhttp://dvcs.w3.org/hg/microxml/raw-file/tip/spec/microxml.html
>
> Henry says that if they do decide to standardize it, we
> should do it.  We do own that name.
>
> John says the group is finished with its document, so it is
> ready for us to consider what we will do with it.
>
> We could publish it as a WG Note at any time.  If the document
> is to become a Rec, that would have to go into our next charter
> which is due this coming January.  If anything about MicroXML
> is to go into our charter, we would want to review the wording
> first, and Henry wants to be sure we are allowed, but not required
> by the charter, to do anything with MicroXML.
>
>
> Names that begin [Xx][Mm][Ll]
> -----------------------------
> This was discussed at the TPAC f2f.
>
> Norm: proposed erratum
>
>   s/in this or future versions of this specification/
>    /in this or future specifications from the XML Core WG or its successors/
>
> Henry: I'm perfectly happy to entertain a motion to remove this from
> this specification and retain the "xml:" prefix only for elements and
> attributes and "xml-" only for PI targets.
>
> Norm: I'd prefer to make explicit that you *can* write names that
> begin "xml", but doing so exposes you to being walked on in the
> future. So don't do that.
>
> Jirka: I can go either way, it's always been a restriction, users
> should know better, but there are lots of documents that use it,
> so we should adapt to common practice.
>
> Jirka sent email athttp://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2012Nov/0009
>
> ACTION to Norm:  Draft an erratum to "reserve" xml-* for PI targets
> and delete the restriction that we lay claim to other names that
> start with "xml".
>
>
> xmlspec.xsl and diffspec.xsl
> ----------------------------
> Paul sent email about this athttp://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2012Nov/0014
> with the following:
>
> I gather that it's diffspec.xsl that should be used
> for styling both the diff and non-diff version (with a
> different setting of a global parameter).  If so, then
> why do we have xmlspec.xsl as it stands now at all?
>
> I still want to be able to have an xml-stylesheet PI
> in the XML pointing to xmlspec.xsl, but then why don't
> we replace xmlspec.xsl either with a copy of diffspec.xsl
> with show.diff.markup=0 or with a two liner consisting of
> show.diff.markup=0 and import diffspec.xsl?
>
> I believe our current practice is to put a copy of both
> xmlspec.xsl and diffspec.xsl into the same directory as
> the XML and the two HTMLs.  Is this the best practice,
> or should we be writing the xml-stylesheet PI with an
> absolute path that points to the appropriate thing inhttp://www.w3.org/2002/xmlspec/ ?
>
>
> 3.  XML Test Suite.
>
> See also http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#xml-test-suite
>
> ACTION to Henry:  Construct a test case for the XML test suite
> issues raised by Frans Englich:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-testsuite/2007Mar/
>
>
> 4.  LEIRIs--see http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#leiri
>
> We have planned to issue the following spec editions referencing
> LEIRIs (and any outstanding errata):
>
> * XML 1.0 6th Edition (John to be editor)
> * XML 1.1 3rd Edition (John to be editor)
> * XInclude 3rd Edition (Paul to be editor)
>
> but all this is on hold awaiting resolution of IRIbis.
>
> Henry has been added as an editor and there is now a new draft,
> draft-lilley-xml-mediatypes-00 athttp://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-lilley-xml-mediatypes-00
>
> We now await this going through the IETF process.
>
>
> 5.  XInclude 1.1--see http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#xinclude
>
> On 2012 February 14, we published
> XInclude 1.1 Requirement and Use Cases
> http://www.w3.org/TR/xinclude-11-requirements/
>
> On 9 October 2012, we published our FPWD of XInclude 1.1 at
> http://www.w3.org/XML/2012/10/WD-xinclude-11-20121009/
>
> This was discussed at the TPAC f2f and there was agreement
> on how to use MIME content types for the value of the parse
> attribute.
>
> ACTION: Norm to revise the XInclude 1.1 draft to use media types
> for the parse attribute.
>
>
>
> paul
>
> [1] http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core
> [2] http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#tasks
> [3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2012Jun/0014
>
>
>


-- 
Innovimax SARL
Consulting, Training & XML Development
9, impasse des Orteaux
75020 Paris
Tel : +33 9 52 475787
Fax : +33 1 4356 1746
http://www.innovimax.fr
RCS Paris 488.018.631
SARL au capital de 10.000 
Received on Tuesday, 27 November 2012 11:02:01 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 27 November 2012 11:02:01 GMT