xml-model ISSUE-2. Future pseudo-attribute extensibility

From: Grosso, Paul <pgrosso@ptc.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2010 17:18:24 -0500
To: <public-xml-core-wg@w3.org>
> 2. Additional pseudo-attributes should be allowed because in future we
> can add new schema-specific pseudo-attributes like phase
> see comments from MSMQ or
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/xml-editor/2010JanMar/0000.html

For what it's worth, in our AssocSS draft, we say:

 Documents must not specify other pseudo-attributes on xml-stylesheet
 processing instructions.

That is, we decided against allowing "extension" pseudo-attributes
in the xml-stylesheet case.

I'm not entirely sure why, but I know we had a discussion about it,
so I'm wondering why we would think allowing "extension"
pseudo-attributes
is bad in the case of xml-stylesheet and good in the case of xml-model.