Re: xml-model ISSUE-2. Future pseudo-attribute extensibility

From: Jirka Kosek <jirka@kosek.cz>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2010 15:49:22 +0100
To: "Grosso, Paul" <pgrosso@ptc.com>
CC: public-xml-core-wg@w3.org
Grosso, Paul wrote:

> I'm not entirely sure why, but I know we had a discussion about it,
> so I'm wondering why we would think allowing "extension"
> pseudo-attributes
> is bad in the case of xml-stylesheet and good in the case of xml-model.

The reason is that the current xml-model proposal contains schema
specific pseudo-attribute "phase" to accommodate some Schematron use-cases.

In the future new schema languages can emerge and it is possible that
they also will need some new specific pseudo-attributes. The xml-model
should be prepared for such situation.

				Jirka