Re: FW: Taking Associating Stylesheets Second Edition to PER [was: Agenda for XML Core WG telcon of 2010 June 30]

On Tue, 06 Jul 2010 18:55:15 +0200, Grosso, Paul <pgrosso@ptc.com> wrote:

> [...]

Appendix B already states:

"The first edition of this specification was admirably brief, but at the
same time left many details unstated."

> and at the time of edition 2 (2010) there is low
> interoperability in the values between implementations;

How do we assess that there is low interoperability in the values between
implementations?

> future work may
> clarify this.
>
> check with Daniel Glassman.
>
> If Daniel is OK, the spec can go forward.
>
> We need also to contact browser vendors and see if they are willing
> to sit round a table & get conformance/semantics pinned down in a
> future edition.

Hmm. I work for a browser vendor. I joined this group in the hope to get
conformance/semantics pinned down. But the WG consensus was to not have
any conformance requirements at all.

--
Simon Pieters
Opera Software