W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xml-core-wg@w3.org > February 2010

Agenda for XML Core WG telcon of 2010 February 10

From: Grosso, Paul <pgrosso@ptc.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 10:29:34 -0500
Message-ID: <CF83BAA719FD2C439D25CBB1C9D1D3021245DB18@HQ-MAIL4.ptcnet.ptc.com>
To: <public-xml-core-wg@w3.org>
We have an XML Core WG phone call scheduled for Wednesday, 
February 10, from
          08:00-09:00 Pacific time aka
          11:00-12:00 Eastern time aka
          16:00-17:00 UTC 
          16:00-17:00 in Ireland and the UK 
          17:00-18:00 in middle (most of) Europe 
on the Zakim W3C Bridge, +1 617 761 6200, passcode 9652#.
We also use IRC channel #xmlcore on irc.w3.org:6665 .

See the XML Core group page [1] for pointers to current documents
and other information.  If you have additions to the agenda, please
email them to the WG list before the start of the telcon.

Please also review our group page's task list [2] for accuracy and
completeness and be prepared to amend if necessary and accept it
at the beginning of the call.

1. Accepting the minutes from the last telcon [3] and
   the current task status [2] (have any questions, comments,
   or corrections ready by the beginning of the call).

2. Miscellaneous administrivia and document reviews.

3.  XML 1.0--see http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#xml-errata

4.  XML Test Suite.

See also http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#xml-test-suite

ACTION to Richard:  Construct a test case for the XML test suite 
issues raised by Frans Englich:

5.  Namespaces in XML 1.0/1.1--see
   and http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#ns1.1.

6.  LEIRIs--see http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#leiri

7.  xml:id

The xml:id Recommendation is at

John Cowan submitted a proposed erratum at

On the 2010 January 27 telcon, John and Henry agreed
to add HT's qualification [I hope he knows what this is]
to D.2 and to strike the entire final sentence from D.3.

ACTION to Henry:  Process an xml:id erratum to add HT's
qualification to D.2 and strike the entire sentence from D.3.

ACTION to Henry: Process an xml:id erratum to add a note in D.1
that the id attribute must be declared in a valid document.

There was also some email about some typos for which we (Henry)
should process an editorial erratum:

ACTION to Henry:  Process an xml:id erratum to correct the typos; ref

8.  XML Base 2nd Ed--see http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#xml-base

9.  XLink 1.1.

See also http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#xlink1.1

The earlier XLink CR was published at

The XLink 1.1 LC was published at

The LC review period ended 16 May 2008.

Norm has prepared an updated DoC at 

Paul summarized the open issues at

Norm replied at

ACTION to Norm:  Update the DoC accordingly.

The latest editor's draft (24 January 2010) is at

Henry finds the DTD/RelaxNG/XSD fragments throughout the spec unhelpful 
and would like to remove them (leaving them only in the appendices).
Henry specifically referenced the example immediately preceding 5.3.
But this was in the CR, so we will probably leave it, but we will
remove the default for xlink:type.

We plan to skip CR and going directly to PR.

Paul drafted a PR transition request at

Norm created an updated IR at

ACTION to Norm:  Adding a mention of the test suite at
http://www.w3.org/XML/2006/03/xlink11-tests to the IR.

A diff between 1.0 and the latest PR ready draft is at

ACTION to Norm:  Update the DoC and IR.

ACTION to Norm:  Make the latest draft a PR.

ACTION to Norm:  Also produce a diff between the Xlink 1.1 CR 
and this latest draft.

10.  XInclude 3rd Ed--see http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#xinclude

11.  Associating Stylesheets.

See also http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#assoc-ss

Associating stylesheets with XML version 1.0 is at:

The Errata document is at:

We are working toward a PER for AssocSS 2nd Edition.

We have made our latest editor's draft at
publicly available for review and announced it in various fora.

There are already some comments on the comments list at

Henry has started an issues list for AssocSS at

ACTION to Henry:  Incorporate some HTML 4 language to address 
the holman-1 issue.

There has been further email (esp from Paul and Simon) on
the outstanding issues.

12.  xml-model

See also http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#assoc-schemas

We have published a first draft for public comment at
and Paul announced it on chairs@w3.org at

ACTION to Henry:  Announce xml-model on various public fora
and provide pointers to the announcements to the WG.


[1] http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core
[2] http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#tasks
[3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2010Jan/0032
Received on Monday, 8 February 2010 15:33:11 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 21:16:41 UTC