From: Ian Jacobs [mailto:ij@w3.org]
Sent: Wednesday, 2010 August 11 11:55
To: Grosso, Paul
Subject: Re: short name "xlink" should point to "xlink11"

My take is this:

  * When we announce the purpose of a URI, we shouldn't change it
lightly.
  * /TR/xlink was originally defined to be for XLink 1.0
  * We do have suggestions for multiple latest version uris:
    http://www.w3.org/2005/05/tr-versions
  * Seems ok if you want to change the purpose of /TR/xlink to do so
in the next edition of XLink 1.1, with clear mention that XLink 1.0
still available at the dated URI. I don't recommend minting /TR/
xlink10 since there won't be any more of those anyway.

I'm ok to leave as is unless there's a big demand to change it. And if
there is a demand to change it, I want to see whether there are any
issues that might arise, which is why I sent a note to the staff.

I'll sit back and wait to hear from you.

  _ Ian