Re: short name "xlink" should point to "xlink11"

On Wed, 2010-08-11 at 19:09 +0200, Innovimax W3C wrote:
> Whatever we do, I think that the minimum to do is to allow someone
> following http://www.w3.org/TR/xlink to see that there exists a 1.1
> version of this spec that is a REC
>
> The way to make it visible could be
>
> 1) point www.w3.org/TR/xlink to www.w3.org/TR/xlink11
> 2) modify www.w3.org/TR/xlink to add a note saying that this spec has
> been superseded by 1.1

Making /TR/xlink go to 1.1 makes sense to me - people referring to
an explicit version should have used a dated reference. Unfortunately,
XML Core in xlink 1.1 used /TR/xlink to refer to 1.0 of the spec, so
changing this would mean we'd have to edit the spec.  I've asked Ian
if that would mean a Proposed Edited Rec, and expressed the personal
opinion that it's less to happen in that case.

We'd also have to add XLink 1.0 to Earlier Versions in the header.

Liam