Re: Draft #1: Transition Request: First Public Working Group Note for Associating Schemas with XML documents 1.0

Grosso, Paul wrote:

>  However, this specification is expected to be used as
>  the basis for similar standards or specifications by
>  the W3C other standards bodies, so the basic content
>  of this WG Note may be--or may become--referenceable
>  in another form.
>
> So we have the unique paragraph.  Let me know if anyone
> objects to that paragraph.

Wouldn't it be better then to be absolutely clear about the joint work
and use instead something like:

"However, this specification is jointly developed by W3C and ISO/IEC
JTC1/SC34. The technical content of this specification and ISO/IEC
19757-11 is expected to be identical. So the basic content
of this WG Note may be--or may become--referenceable
in another form."

Actually I was thinking about proposing something like this once we
proceed more in ISO process. But we can add this right now. I plan to
add inverse sentence to ISO draft, so everyone in ISO will see that the
text is based on W3C WG Note and this in result will allow SC34 to ask
ITTF (ISO body responsible for final publication) for making the final
international standard publicly available for download.

				Jirka