XML Base DoC

I see it's been updated this morning, thanks.

This may be "mere diplomacy" (or some might call it "marketing"),
but if I were Steve or TimBL and saw a bunch of "rejected"
comments, it would raise red flags, and I don't think one
should get such a feeling given the facts.

Therefore, I'd like to suggest a different presentation
of the facts.

For each issue, I would have a separate line between
Discussions and Response titled Resolution, and here
is what I would say for each issue:

schiller-1
----------
N/A

zamir-1
-------
No change to spec.  Commentor question answered.

forms-1
-------
Clarification added to spec.

forms-2
-------
No change to spec.  Commentor misunderstanding explained.

forms-3
-------
No change to spec.

forms-4
-------
Clarification added to spec.  [given your email this morning]

xhtml2-1
--------
[still awaiting HT action]

quin-1
------
N/A

Your "Response" field is fine, but then I would add a final
field called "Commentor response" which will be one of
Accepted, Objected, No response where the first two would
be a link to the relevant email (you need only point to
the last, not every message in the discussion).  Better yet
if "Accepted" had a green background, "Objected" red, and
"No response" yellow.