XML Core WG Status and Open Actions as of 2008 March 17

From: Grosso, Paul <pgrosso@ptc.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 13:43:30 -0400
To: <public-xml-core-wg@w3.org>

The XML Core WG telcons are every other week.

Our next telcon will be March 26.

Status and open actions

C14N 1.1
The C14N 1.1 Proposed Recommendation is published at

XML 5th Edition
The XML 1.0 5th Edition PER has been published at

XML 1.0/1.1
Henry/Richard discussed the test suite issues raised by Frans Englich:

Richard reports that the 2005 issue has been resolved in the latest

The one from 2006, character references with numbers with dozens
of digits, may not be.

ACTION: Richard to construct a test case for these issues.

At some point in the future (e.g., six months after XML 1.0 5th
Edition is a Recommendation) we might consider deprecating XML 1.1.

Namespaces in XML 1.0/1.1
ACTION to Richard:  Look into Anne's (two) comments at

We discussed processing an erratum to NS 1.0 that adds the
ability to undeclare a namespace prefix in NS 1.0.

We could probably make NS 1.0 a copy of NS 1.1 with appropriate
minor changes.

Martin's latest IRI draft (defining LEIRIs in section 7) is at

A summary of what specs need to be revised to reference LEIRIs is at

XML Base 2nd Edition 2nd PER
Richard's latest PER-ready draft of XML Base is at

We requested a transition to PER at

Things await Steve, PLH, and Henry's deliberations.

ACTION to Henry:  Ensure progress on the XML Base PER request.

After the transition is approved, Paul makes a pub request
and Henry writes and sends out an announcement.

XLink 1.1
We decided the next step would be another LC.

Norm provided an update at
http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/2004/xmlcore/xlink11/ and

John suggests we have two levels of conformance at

ACTION to Norm:  Amend section 3.3 to reflect two levels of
application conformance, simple and complete.

We will plan to approve going to LC during our next telcon.

We plan to skip CR this time.

Paul sent out an announcement about our upcoming plans at

Note: There is a publication moratorium April 15-28.

XInclude 3rd Edition PER
We may have several places that need fixing.

3.1, href attribute is a LEIRI

See also 4.1.1 (details TBD) which can't reference XML 1.1
since we don't define XML Resource Identifiers in XML 1.1.
Just replace that para with the "They are LEIRIs" para.

See also
for more details on the necessary changes.

ACTION to Daniel: Produce a PER-ready draft of XInclude 3rd Ed
with appropriate references to the IRI RFC for LEIRIs.