RE: Transition Request: (2nd) PER Request for XML Base Second Edition

Yes.  See the last paragraph of my email at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/chairs/2008JanMar/0083
for a more detailed discussion.

For that matter, see the editors draft of the upcoming
XLink 1.1 LC at
http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/2004/xmlcore/xlink11/Overview.html
as this draft does now reference LEIRIs.

> Should specifications that currently use IRI in XML specify
> LEIRI instead?

It depends.  "LEIRI" is just a new term, not a new concept.
If the concept under consideration is, in fact, a LEIRI,
they are welcome to use it; otherwise, they should not.

The aforementioned "last paragraph of my email" lists the
specs under the XML Core WG auspices that use the LEIRI
concept and for which we therefore plan to revise to use
the LEIRI terminology.

If you are aware of a spec out there that you think uses
the LEIRI concept, please let the XML Core WG know, and
we'll be happy to provide our opinion as to whether it
should use the LEIRI term or not.