Re: Transition Request: (2nd) PER Request for XML Base Second Edition

On Wednesday, March 12, 2008, 5:10:51 PM, Paul wrote:

[Regarding publishing a PER of XML base third edition]
GP> We propose that the PER period lasts from the date of publication
GP> until 30 June 2008 (though note that the exit criteria for this
GP> PER as mentioned in the SOTD also requires that we wait for
GP> RFC 3897 bis to be published as an RFC).

 [...]

GP> This PER normatively references the draft of a replacement
GP> to RFC 3987 (here called RFC 3987 bis) for the definition
GP> of the term Legacy Extended IRI. It will not advance to
GP> Recommendation status until the replacement RFC is published,
GP> and the reference will be updated accordingly.

Couple of questions, if I may.

What is the timescape for RFC 3987bis? I see its at draft 2
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-duerst-iri-bis-02.txt
published 18 Dec 2007. When is it expected to become an RFC? I assume (given the wording above) that this is not expected to happen before 30 June, but how long after that?

Is the same change (to reference RFC 3987bis) expected to be made to XLink 1.1?

Should specifications that currently use IRI in XML specify LEIRI instead?

Since this email is public I also added Martin Dürst and Michel Signard, editors of RFC 3987bis, in cc.

 Interaction Domain Leader
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead
 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG