W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xml-core-wg@w3.org > February 2008

Agenda for XML Core WG telcon of 2008 February 13

From: Grosso, Paul <pgrosso@ptc.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 11:16:46 -0500
Message-ID: <CF83BAA719FD2C439D25CBB1C9D1D3020A5EA251@HQ-MAIL4.ptcnet.ptc.com>
To: <public-xml-core-wg@w3.org>

We have an XML Core WG phone call scheduled for Wednesday, 
February 13, from
          08:00-09:00 Pacific time aka
          11:00-12:00 Eastern time aka
          15:00-16:00 UTC
          16:00-17:00 in Ireland and the UK
          17:00-18:00 in middle (most of) Europe
on the Zakim W3C Bridge, +1 617 761 6200, passcode 9652#.
We also use IRC channel #xmlcore on irc.w3.org:6665 .

See the XML Core group page [1] for pointers to current documents
and other information.  If you have additions to the agenda, please
email them to the WG list before the start of the telcon.

Please also review our group page's task list [2] for accuracy and
completeness and be prepared to amend if necessary and accept it
at the beginning of the call.

1. Accepting the minutes from the last telcon [3] and
   the current task status [2] (have any questions, comments,
   or corrections ready by the beginning of the call).

2. Miscellaneous administrivia and document reviews.

A new XML Security Specifications WG has an early draft 
charter at
How should they include our charter responsibility for 

The XML Core WG would prefer that the XSS WG take over all
responsibility for C14N from the XML Core WG.

ACTION to Henry:  Let appropriate folks know that the 
XML Core WG would prefer that the XSS WG take over all
responsibility for C14N from the XML Core WG.


CSS has replied to a comment of ours.  Our comment is at
and the response is at


CURIE Last Call.

The XHTML2 Working Group plans to take CURIE Syntax 1.0 at:
to Last Call, and we are being asked to review it within
four weeks after it is published.

3.  C14N 

The C14N 1.1 PR has been published:

Known Issues with Canonical XML 1.0 (C14N/1.0) WG Note 
has been published at

Using XML Digital Signatures in the 2006 XML Environment 
WG Note has been published at

4.  XML 1.0 5th Edition

The XML 1.0 5th Edition PER has been published at

5.  XML 1.0/1.1 4th/2nd Editions published 2006 August 16:

 Extensible Markup Language (XML) 1.0 (Fourth Edition)

 Extensible Markup Language (XML) 1.1 (Second Edition)

Henry/Richard discussed the test suite issues raised by Frans Englich:

These need to be resolved. 

Richard reports that the 2005 issue has been resolved in the 
latest draft. 

The one from 2006, character references with numbers with 
dozens of digits, may not be. 

ACTION: Richard to construct a test case for these issues.

At some point in the future (e.g., six months after XML 1.0 5th
Edition is a Recommendation) we might consider deprecating XML 1.1.

6. Namespaces in XML 1.0/1.1 2nd Editions published 2006 August 16:

 Namespaces in XML 1.0 (Second Edition)

 Namespaces in XML 1.1 (Second Edition)

Richard has recorded Anne's issue/proposed resolution at

ACTION to Richard:  Look into Anne's (two) comments at


It was pointed out that the undeclaring of namespaces allowed
by NS 1.1 only works with XML 1.1 since XML 1.0 only works
with NS 1.0.  Given our path with XML 1.0 5th Ed and the
possible future deprecation of XML 1.1, Paul wonders if we
should do something to allow the undeclaring of namespaces 
to work with XML 1.0.

7.  LEIRIs

Martin's latest IRI draft (defining LEIRIs in section 7) is at 

Martin's latest email is at

Paul's summary of what comes next spec-by-spec is at

8.  XML Base 2nd Edition 2nd PER

The (Second Edition) XML Base PER has been published at

Richard has produced a PER-ready draft of XML Base at:

We will plan to publish this as a second PER in the March
timeframe with the understanding it can't go to Rec until 
the IRI RFC is republished.

9.  XLink update.

The XLink CR was published at

The latest almost PR-ready XLink draft is at

Norm posted a DoC at

Paul wrote a SECOND draft PR request at

We decided the next step would be another LC.

LEIRI reference:
 Section 5.4: 

 replace para starting:

  The value of the href attribute is an XML resource identifer...


  The value of the href attribute is a LEIRI [ref].

 and then delete subsection 5.4.1 but move the para about 
 relative references up into 5.4.

ACTION to Norm:  Suggest any other appropriate changes to XLink 1.1.

ACTION to Norm:  Produce diff/review version.

ACTION to Norm: Produce a LC-ready draft of XLink 1.1 with 
a reference to the IRI RFC for LEIRIs due 2008 February 13.

10.  XInclude 3rd Edition

XInclude 2nd Edition is at:

LEIRI-related changes for the 3rd Edition:

3.1, href attribute is a LEIRI

See also 4.1.1 (details TBD) which can't reference XML 1.1
since we don't define XML Resource Identifiers in XML 1.1.
Just replace that para with the "They are LEIRIs" para.

See also
for more details on the necessary changes.

ACTION to Daniel: Produce a PER-ready draft of XInclude 3rd Ed
with appropriate references to the IRI RFC for LEIRIs.

[1] http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core
[2] http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#tasks
[3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2008Jan/0071
Received on Monday, 11 February 2008 16:17:07 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 21:16:39 UTC