XML Core WG Status and Open Actions as of 2007 October 29

From: Grosso, Paul <pgrosso@ptc.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 12:35:40 -0400
To: <public-xml-core-wg@w3.org>

The XML Core WG telcons are every other week.

Our next meeting will be our f2f in Cambridge, Mass., Monday
November 5 and Tuesday November 6--see the agenda at
http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/2007/09/xml-f2f-20071105-agenda.htm

Status and open actions
=======================

C14N 1.1
--------
The C14N 1.1 Candidate Recommendation is published at
http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/CR-xml-c14n11-20070621

Interoperability testing was performed on 27 September.
A report of the outcome is at:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-xml-canonicalization-comments/20
07Oct/0000

Regarding the change from 1.0 to 1.1 highlighted in
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2007Aug/0018
we will revert to 1.0 wording.

Regarding point 2 of the interoperability email, it sounds like
the issue is explained well in the email.  Glenn will try to
propose some wording to the XML Core list.

ACTION to Glenn:  Propose some new wording to address point 2
of the interoperability testing feedback email.

Point 3 complains about appendix A being too difficult to
understand, partly because it uses 3986 language which is
also hard to understand.

HRRI RFC
--------
The latest HRRI draft was published as an ID on May 14 at
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-walsh-tobin-hrri-01.txt

The most recent editor's draft is at
http://www.w3.org/XML/2007/04/hrri/draft-walsh-tobin-hrri-01c.html

Henry sent email to I18N Core suggesting our LEIRI solution at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2007Aug/0032

Martin recently replied at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2007Oct/0009
pointing to a new IRI draft at
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-duerst-iri-bis-01.txt
that contains a first pass defining LEIRIs.

ACTION to Henry, Richard:  Review Martin's draft LEIRI text and
send email to the XML Core mailing list by November 2.

XML 1.0/1.1
-----------
Henry/Richard discussed the test suite issues raised by Frans Englich:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-testsuite/2007Mar/

Richard reports that the 2005 issue has been resolved in the latest
draft.

The one from 2006, character references with numbers with dozens
of digits, may not be.

ACTION: Richard to construct a test case for these issues.

XML 1.1 deployment -> XML 1.0 and XML 1.1
I have sent out email at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ac-forum/2007OctDec/0021
and
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/chairs/2007OctDec/0059

Unfortunately, I didn't check that the blueberry mail archive
was still active before sending the email--it isn't, but I've
asked that it be reactivated asap.

We'll see how that goes.