XML Core WG Status and Open Actions as of 2007 October 29

From: Grosso, Paul <pgrosso@ptc.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 12:35:40 -0400
To: <public-xml-core-wg@w3.org>

The XML Core WG telcons are every other week.

Our next meeting will be our f2f in Cambridge, Mass., Monday
November 5 and Tuesday November 6--see the agenda at

Status and open actions

C14N 1.1
The C14N 1.1 Candidate Recommendation is published at

Interoperability testing was performed on 27 September.
A report of the outcome is at:

Regarding the change from 1.0 to 1.1 highlighted in
we will revert to 1.0 wording.

Regarding point 2 of the interoperability email, it sounds like
the issue is explained well in the email.  Glenn will try to
propose some wording to the XML Core list.

ACTION to Glenn:  Propose some new wording to address point 2
of the interoperability testing feedback email.

Point 3 complains about appendix A being too difficult to
understand, partly because it uses 3986 language which is
also hard to understand.

The latest HRRI draft was published as an ID on May 14 at

The most recent editor's draft is at

Henry sent email to I18N Core suggesting our LEIRI solution at

Martin recently replied at
pointing to a new IRI draft at
that contains a first pass defining LEIRIs.

ACTION to Henry, Richard:  Review Martin's draft LEIRI text and
send email to the XML Core mailing list by November 2.

XML 1.0/1.1
Henry/Richard discussed the test suite issues raised by Frans Englich:

Richard reports that the 2005 issue has been resolved in the latest

The one from 2006, character references with numbers with dozens
of digits, may not be.

ACTION: Richard to construct a test case for these issues.

XML 1.1 deployment -> XML 1.0 and XML 1.1
I have sent out email at

Unfortunately, I didn't check that the blueberry mail archive
was still active before sending the email--it isn't, but I've
asked that it be reactivated asap.

We'll see how that goes.