XBL review

From: Norman Walsh <Norman.Walsh@Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 08:12:38 -0800
To: public-xml-core-wg@w3.org
XBL is a fairly complex specification describing the interactions
between user interaction, DOM manipulations (scripting), and CSS. A
variety of bindings that might be employed to control various aspects
of this interaction are proposed.

To the extent that I understood the XBL spec, from an XML Core
perspective, I noted only two areas on which we might wish to comment.

> 1.4.7. Extension Mechanisms

Speaks of the per-element partition of attribute names. This is, I
think, a holdover from the first edition of Namespaces in XML. I
suggest that it be updated to the terminology in the latest Namespaces
REC.

> 2.16. The id Attribute of XBL Elements

I recommend that they spell the ID attribute "xml:id".

Norman Walsh
XML Standards Architect
Sun Microsystems, Inc.