Re: Review of RDF/A Primer 1.0?

From: John Cowan <cowan@ccil.org>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 15:49:08 -0500
To: Norman Walsh <Norman.Walsh@Sun.COM>
Cc: public-xml-core-wg@w3.org

Norman Walsh scripsit:
> At the XML CG call last week, I took an action to solicit XML Core WG
> review of RDF/A Primer 1.0[1] with particular attention to Section
> 4.4[2].

I've read it, and don't see any issues for us around CURIES.  A CURIE
looks like a QName, but with fewer restrictions, and can be used
(wrapped in square brackets) in some contexts where a URI is allowed; other
contexts allow only CURIES with no brackets.  Unlike QNames, they don't
inherently require that the prefix be declared in an xmlns:foo attribute
(though it seems that RDF/A in particular *does* require this).

The only issue I see is the type attribute, which specifies the XSD
type of a stretch of XML content; it's usually applied to an XHTML span
element.  I'd recommend that xsi:type, which has the same semantics,
be used instead.

--
Here lies the Christian,                        John Cowan
        judge, and poet Peter,                  http://www.ap.org