RE: Transition Request: PER Request for XML Base Second Edition

On Mon, 2006-12-18 at 16:45 -0500, Grosso, Paul wrote:

Hi Paul,

Please see comments on patent policy boilerplate below.

Philippe, unfortunately, underestimates pubrules. Pubrules does handle
this case. Visit:
 http://www.w3.org/2005/07/pubrules?uimode=filter&uri=

Select "Proposed Edited Recommendation" for the document.
Select "W3C" for the group's current patent policy.
Select
 "Relation to previous Recommendations of same major revision:
  Editorial Revision of CPP Recommendation".

The resulting boilerplate adds an initial sentence:

 "This document is governed by the 24 January 2002 CPP as amended by the
W3C Patent Policy Transition Procedure. W3C maintains a public list of
any patent disclosures made in connection with the deliverables of the
group; that page also includes instructions for disclosing a patent. An
individual who has actual knowledge of a patent which the individual
believes contains Essential Claim(s) must disclose the information in
accordance with section 6 of the W3C Patent Policy."

Thank you,

 _ Ian

Tel:                     +1 718 260-9447