W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xml-core-wg@w3.org > April 2006

XInclude Second Edition drafts

From: Daniel Veillard <daniel@veillard.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 18:48:49 +0200
To: "Grosso, Paul" <pgrosso@ptc.com>
Cc: public-xml-core-wg@w3.org
Message-ID: <20060423164849.GA25162@daniel.veillard.com>

On Wed, Mar 08, 2006 at 11:49:50AM -0500, Grosso, Paul wrote:
> > 8. Xinclude Rec was published 2004 December 30 at:
> >    http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-xinclude-20041220/
> > 
> > Our XInclude potential errata document is at:
> > http://www.w3.org/XML/2005/01/proposed-xinclude-errata
> > 
> > Daniel has updated the Errata document at
> > http://www.w3.org/2004/12/xinclude-errata 
> > 
> > ACTION to Daniel: Update the PE about IRIs for XInclude.
> 
> ACTION to Daniel continued.

  Done: the PEX17 entry was added to
    http://www.w3.org/XML/2005/01/proposed-xinclude-errata#PEX17
I also augmented the errata document too:
    http://www.w3.org/2004/12/xinclude-errata/#PEX17

> > ACTION to Daniel: Draft XInclude 2nd Edition with all 
> > the errata (including the IRI one) applied.
> 
> ACTION to Daniel continued.

   Done, I created a new subdirectory in CVS space, and worked
from the initial XInclude XML version. Result is 
   http://www.w3.org/XML/2006/04/XInclude/REC-xinclude-20060423.html
with a diff version at
   http://www.w3.org/XML/2006/04/XInclude/REC-xinclude-20060423-review.html

  Unless I made a mistake in the processing of PEX17 about IRI the document
should be close to the final version. See below what was done and what is
left to do, there is also apparently a problem for W3C to serve XHTML files
encoded in UTF-8, apache send a garbage encoding of ISO-8859-1, probably 
some .htaccess magic might be needed...
--------------
  Notes on preparation of the Second Edition:
    - Worked from http://www.w3.org/2004/12/xinclude-errata/
    - Updated the DTD to reference 2.10 and changed default embedded stylesheet
    - Added (Second Edition) to header
    - Fixed Previous versions to point of first edition, removed old previous
    - added author
    - added XHTML diff altloc
  Left TODO:
    - check that the IPR link is still valid
    - update the XInclude errata link to a new location, check the Status in
      general
    - make sure the section in 4.1.1 is really what was intended by PEX17
--------------

  The source XML is REC-xinclude-2e.xml, postprocessed by Makefile to
generate REC-xinclude-$(DATE).xml and from there REC-xinclude-$(DATE).html
and REC-xinclude-$(DATE)-review.html are built with XSLT. it's possible
to diff REC-xinclude-2e.xml against the original REC-xinclude-20041220.xml
to see precisely the changes done, I checked that I didn't added extra
deviations from the original source so I'm relatively confident only the
changes agreed upon have been done.
  But please double-check, I'm taking vacations most of May, I will be
present in the next 2 telconf, but after that I may be limited to occasional
internet access, hopefully the document itself should not need much changes.

Daniel

-- 
Daniel Veillard      | libxml Gnome XML XSLT toolkit  http://xmlsoft.org/
daniel@veillard.com  | Rpmfind RPM search engine http://rpmfind.net/
http://veillard.com/ | 
Received on Sunday, 23 April 2006 16:50:04 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 21:16:36 UTC